Thursday, August 26, 2010

Next Book

Hey all,

I believe we all finished Player Piano a while back. I highly recommend Cat's Cradle as the next Vonnegut if you enjoyed Player Piano. And of course, Slaughterhouse 5 is a classic. Those of us who are lucky enough to have commutes and the book on CD/Audible can knock a book out in a week. I am thinking with the next book we will just skip the schedule and all read at our own pace. Once the posts and comments come to an end, we can start a new book.

Speaking of a new book, any suggestions? I just got "The Audacity of Hope" (Obama's book)from the library. Not because I love him or hate him, but I would like to understand how our president thinks. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know. If you have other suggestions, make them now and if we vote on something else, I will put Obama to the side for now.

4 comments:

  1. how an economy grows and why it crashes (by schiff)

    or

    the Money Game (by Smith)

    or

    the Tao of Pooh

    or

    That Which Is Seen and That Which Is Not Seen

    or

    The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism

    or

    Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government

    or ...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cats cradle i'd be down with too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently joined a carpool to work, so instead of getting to knock out a book a week while I drive an hour each way, I get to talk to BYU IT guys about Starcraft 2 and things we don't like at Exxon.

    The point being, I will have to be less ambitious about how much I read. I would enjoy any of the above mentioned books, just let me know which one is shortest. Brennen, being the most devout reader, just choose one you had wanted to read and we'll see who joins us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I want to read Schiff's How an economy grows and why it crashes. But, it's not on audio and it is only out in hardback.

    ReplyDelete

Schedule

Schedule

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP